Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Short, Quirky Biography for Yvonne

Background ...  

I'm a Catholic woman, married over 30 years to the same man, a mom to 5 children here, and at least 6 in heaven.  I love to write, work Kakuro puzzles, sew, cook, read and discuss: philosophy, apologetics, and history.  I am drawn to natural medicine, home births, breastfeeding, and gentle parenting.  We are lifelong home educators.  We still have two of our children learning at home.   I think teaching teens is great fun!  I'm working on becoming fluent in Spanish, and will start French soon.    

I am a native Nevadan, and have lived in California, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, Peru, and now Canada!  I've visited many other places, and have experienced driving in winter white-out conditions, watched smoky skies from forest fires, gotten shook up with earthquakes, drenched in tropical storms, and thought our house was Dorothy's during Hurricane Ike.   I've attended Mass in huge cathedrals down to tiny missions.  They have been in Latin, English and Spanish, and variously presided over by priests, bishops, cardinals, and Pope John Paul II.   I haven't always been a faithful Catholic, but since returning "home" 23 years ago, I grow daily in understanding, practicing, and enlivening my faith.

Volunteering has been a huge part of our family's ethos, and will continue to be, as we find ways to be of service to those we meet.  We have had a lot of contact with La Leche League, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4-H, Knights of Columbus, and many, many other organizations.

I enjoy being frugal, but also know how to enjoy life!  Packing and moving is also big part of our life.  So far we've lived in over 20 different houses and addresses in our 30 years of marriage.   We've renovated more homes than I care to recall, though we always enjoy the end products!

Journeying toward sanctity is my ever present goal.  Whether I get there will only be revealed when this earthly journey is concluded.  I hope you'll join me on the journey, because together is how God wants us all to seek Him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment